Skip to main content

A New Maya Princess Gets a Basket Full of Princess Clothes!


This is Samuel and Estella and their new baby girl! They live in La Colonia in Puerto Morelos. la Colonia is the more "local" part of this quaint beach town. Its across the highway where the homes are cheaper, the street food is fabulous, and families take time to hang out together.

Being able to give a baby bath-tub filled with clothing and goodies for this little doll and her parents was so much fun! It was a total surprise to them and they were overwhelmed with appreciation. I feel so lucky that I get to do this and that i get to be part of their lives. Samuel works as a scuba diver in the area. He leads dives and shows people both the amazing reef here and the underground water-filled cave system the locals consider sacred. Such a cool job!

If you are visiting Puerto Morelos, maybe you will get a chance to meet this lovely family. In the meantime, enjoy the photo and feel the joy!

hugs to all

having so much fun,
laura

for more about The Happify Project and what we do, go to www.thehappifyproject.com
One things we do is take donations from people visiting the area and bring the donations to families in need. If you plan to visit the Riviera Maya, you can pack a few extras in your suitcase and connect with us when you get here. Its so much fun to see the simple pleasure it brings to a family in need to receive even something small.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Bye For Now, Ubaldino. We Miss You

We lost a young man. His name was Ubaldino and he was 20. He was an orhpan who was left on the streets when he was about 12 with a 2 year old brother to care for. And he had a terrible skin disease. It is so hard to understand why some are born into this world to undergo such suffering. Ubaldino could not work because his condition. He knew he could not have a girl friend, which is heartbreaking to me, to think that you could never know that basic kind of love. We bought zinc for the roof of his house. before that, the rain poured in. We bought blankets and pillows for his bed because he had none. We bought clothing for him and for his little brother and food for their table. But it wasn't enough. This is difficult for me. I cared for a young man that no one would hug because of the way he looked. He came running across the street to me yelling, Mommy! everytime he was me. Sometimes I was frustrated with him because he wanted money to out minutes on his cell phone and I

Beauty in Poverty: Images in Mexico

Have you ever been drawn to things without a definable reason? Its at a deeper level than the intellect and a flood of emotion and power rises up from in your core and overwhelms your senses. Kind of like your spirit knows something, understands something that your mind does not. And when you come into contact with that thing, your spirit is moved and it communicates its desires in waves of energy that run through you bringing tears to your eyes and breathlessness to your stomach and an interior knowing that you have brushed against something of utmost importance. Its like that for me when I visit the poor. I am only using the word poor for your benefit because it conjurers up an image in your head that is the image I want you to have. You see ramshackle houses with dirt floors and no running water. You see chickens running in the road and skinny dogs sleeping in the sun and rusted tin roofs and scattered rolls of barbed wire and car parts and toilet seats and piles of broken r

Why I Am Here: The Beauty in the Poor Places

I don't write about myself very often, but this time I just want to share a little bit. I want to tell you why I am here. I have been in Central America for five years now. I came on vacation and never went home. Something happened to me that is hard to explain. I walked streets I wasn't sure were safe. I went places I wasn't sure I would come back from. I got really far out of my comfort zone. And in the most unlikely places, I found life. Now I understand why Jesus ate with the prostitutes and drunkards. Why he went to the lost and the broken. They are actually cool people! You cannot imagine how amazing it was to hear their stories, to feel their pain and share their joy, to meet their families and get to know their names. I wish I could explain to you the beauty I see. I wish I could take the feeling that swells inside me and put it in your heart. I am without words, and so I try to convey in pictures the depth I see in their eyes the joy in the e